Dr. Mark Margolin on dental implants Do your damaged teeth cause you discomfort while eating your favorite crunchy or chewy foods? Are gaps in your smile left by missing teeth making you embarrassed during first impressions? Regain your confidence and oral function with dental implants in Garland, TX from our fantastic dentists!
At our Garland, TX dentist office, Dr. Kerbel, Dr. Callier and Dr. Margolin offer a broad selection of restorative dentistry services to turn back the clock on your damaged smile!
We can even provide dental sedation options to relieve your dental anxiety before the procedure!
Dental Implants Explained
Dental implants are a tooth replacement option composed of three parts:
- The dental implant
- The tooth restorations that replace your damaged or missing teeth
- The abutment, which holds the dental implant and restoration together
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Compared to other methods of replacing damaged or missing teeth, dental implant offer many advantages because they:
- Can last a lifetime with proper oral hygiene and care
- Deliver up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth
- Prevent jawbone deterioration because they replace your tooth roots, helping you to maintain your youthful look
- Look, function, and feel just like your natural teeth
- Do not require any preparation of your surrounding teeth for placement
Your Dental Implants Options
Because every patient has unique needs, we offer several restoration options to attach to your dental implant, including:
- Dental crowns to replace a single tooth
- Dental bridges to fill the gap left by one or multiple adjacent missing teeth
- Implant-retained or implant-supported dentures for a full-mouth reconstruction
- All-on-4 dental implants to replace an entire arch of teeth using just four implants
If you need a whole new set of chompers, we will provide temporary dentures while your dentures are being made for a same-day smile!
If you need a problem tooth replaced, we can also perform a tooth extraction and place your dental implant in the same visit depending on your situation!
What To Expect When You Get Dental Implants
To be a good candidate for dental implant, you will need to have a thick, healthy jaw to provide a strong, dense foundation. We’ll thoroughly assess your jaw using digital X-rays and other dental technologies before placing dental implant at our Garland, TX dental office.
If you are a good candidate, we will numb your mouth with anesthetic and precisely place your dental implant. Following a brief healing period, we’ll attach your beautiful restorations!
If dental implants are not right for you, we may be able to place mini dental implants instead.